Emails/texts can be very misconstrued as can anything in written form. If you don’t know whether your currently embroiled in a digital showdown here are some surefire signs you being told off….
- Instead of starting with ‘To’ or ‘Dear’ the email will just start with your name. To Sarah, fine. Dear Sarah, Fine. If it just says Sarah alone as the beginning of the text then I know i’m in the dog house.
- ‘With all due respect’. Can I just point out the sender does not think any respect is due. They are basically writing “Your clearly an idiot this is what should be happening you blatant imbecile!!!!!”
- ‘I’m sorry but’…. They aren’t sorry! Not at all! Even in the slightest!
- Instead of ‘Kind Regards’ its just ‘Regards.’ The most passive aggressive way of signing off an email in my opinion unless of course they always use just ‘Regards’ in which case they’ve never like you!
- When a person of authority or influence is CC’d but hasn’t been throughout the entire email thread they’re showing others just how irrelevant your point of view is and how right they are! They may have even been brought in to diffuse the situation. Please know because it was them that brought the 3rd wheel into the conversation they will have already thought about and planned who they are bringing in with the confidence that their side will be taken. What use is bringing an impartial 3rd party into the conversation?!
- The worst of all is when someone who isn’t knowingly CC’d replies to the thread! This means they were BCC’d (Blind CCD), so the person didn’t even want you know that they had added others to the conversation! The main keyboard warrior betrayal!
If any of the above is happening the changes are the digital showdown is going off!!!!!
If anyone else has any Keyboard warrior examples feel free to comment 🙂 Happy typing xx